Web Page of Dr. Tomoki Tozuka
I am an associate professor interested in climate variations.
I am currently an editor of Journal of Oceanography.
1) Climate modes (e.g. El Nino, Indian Ocean Dipole, Atlantic Nino, Atlantic Meridional Mode, Subtropical Dipole Mode, Coastal Nino): mechanisms and predictability
2) Prediction of climate variations and its application in the southern African region
3) Development of the ocean-atmosphere coupled model (UTCM)
4) Study of decadal variability in the tropical Indian and Pacific Oceans
5) Study of the South China Sea and Indonesian throughflow
6) Study of thermal domes using OGCM and CGCM(especially the Seychelles Dome, the Guinea Dome, and the Mindanao Dome).
7) Study of seasonal air-sea interaction in the tropical Pacific and El Nino/Southern Oscillation (ENSO).